Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weed Park

Emily and I headed out today to find one of the two lighthouses that are located in Iowa.  Lighthouse? Well, not quite but we did find that the location of this lighthouse is another gem in Iowa.  Google told us that the lighthouse is located in Weed Park...I thought to myself, I've been there...it has a great swimming pool.  Well folks, next time in Weed Park take a pair of tennis shoes and a camera because this place has so much more than just a great swimming pool. 


The first gem we found was my favorite the Zoo Garden.  Many years ago Weed Park must have had a small zoo...the animals are now long gone but someone came up with a WONDERFUL idea and created this garden.  The metal animals and the beautiful gardens are quite a treat and Emily and I enjoyed it very much.

The Rose Garden........Probably Emily's favorite because she took the camera and turned into an amature photographer.  Her photos are posted on the right sidebar...enjoy!  The garden also has a gazebo that Emily reenacted one of our favorite scenes from the Sound of Music.  The picture makes me want to burst into song "I am sixteen going on seventeen......"

Finally the Lighthouse.......while small in size and probably has never led a sailor home from sea it is a nice addition to this small pond at Weed Park. 

Side note:  Emily found her first Reading Tree and after a short climb found a great spot to enjoy her book.  See our Summer Reads to view our first choice in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment