Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life is a Beach......


Emily and I took advantage of having Ella all to ourselves today packed the car and headed to Sugar Bottom Day Use beach.  For the last five years we have put up a nice pool in our backyard and enjoyed spending every summer day in our swimsuit.  This year it was decided that we would not put up the pool and I will be honest the girls in this house dearly miss the pool!  Plus, I have gone from being in the water daily, even if it was to just get the bugs out of the pool, to this being my first time to the beach/pool this year.



Now having a 16 year old and a 12 year old you really do get to experience two seperate world at the beach.  Emily as you can see from the pictures couldn't get wet enough.  She ran, jumped, dove, splashed, dug in the sand, build sand castles (I use that word loosely), and floated in the water all afternoon.  Ella entered the water cautiously  (so not to get the hair wet), pulled Emily around long enough to make her mother happy, then sunned on the blanket while desperately trying to find just the right angle so that she could still read the text messages from what I like to call the "uninvited guests".

But whether I was sitting on the beach with Ella or in the water with Emily it was another wonderful day with my girls....and that I wouldn't trade for the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment