Sunday, August 7, 2011

Swinging Bridge

Our adventure this evening took us to Columbus Junction's Swinging Bridge.  When I was Emily's age my mother would pack up the four of us and take us to the swim pool in Columbus Junction with an occasional stop at the Swinging Bridge.  While at the 4H Fair I saw a flyer for Columbus Junction and the bridge was on the front.  It brought back many memories of the four of us running across the bridge fearing for our life as we would swing and jump and carry on so I decided that Emily must experience this fear. :)  We were lucky enough to have Gary join us as well as Brandon Feldman and Carson Sojka.  It was exactly how I remembered and Gary played the perfect fear master as he jumped, swayed and chased the kids across the bridge.

After we successfully had given ourselves a small case of motion sickness we decided to take our adventure to the Dairy Sweet Mart for fried food and ice cream.  A perfect ending to a perfect adventure.


The kids decided that they needed to climb down into the ravine to get a different view of the bridge

The Fear Master

My favorite picture of the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment