Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Live, Laugh, Love....Our Summer to Remember

The length of summer is determined in many different way.  Ours at this moment is determined by the Lone Tree Community School calendar.  According to this calendar that tries to control our lives it is telling us that summer is over and fall is right around the corner.  Since we are somewhat controlled by this calendar we will surrender to the more routine days of waking early and getting to bed just as early just to do it all over again for the next 179 days.

I can tell you that all the days in between the last day of school and the first day of this school year have been a joy.  I use one of the more over used mottos of life...Live, Laugh, and Love....in the title of this last post because it pretty much described each and every day of our summer.

When I asked Emily which one of our adventures was her favorite she said "The beach....and spending time with you".  While this put an instant smile on my face it made me think that the old saying...it is not the quantity of time but the quality of time that you spend with your child...is true!  Who would have thought that a few hiking trips, 12:00 AM movies, camping in the back yard, decorating a room, and on and on and on could have made so many great memories and that all my children really want is to spend time with me!

So with that information tucked away for safe keeping I will surrender to the school calendar but I will no longer let it control our life as it has in the past and while we might not be adventuring as much as we do when we are footloose and fancy free I do intend on continuing to experience the great things about little old Iowa with my girls and I do intend on continuing to make the memories that last a life time!

No comments:

Post a Comment