Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter at the Grandview Drive-In Theater

We did it!  If you know me well you know that I LOVE the Harry Potter movie series.  My family will acknowledge that I live for Harry Potter weekends on the Family Channel and if there are too many weeks between these marathons that there is no need to worry because between my sister Christine and myself we own the first 6 so I can get a fix whenever I feel the need.  It might be a surprise for you to find out that I have never been "one of those people" that just had to see the 12:01 showing of the newest film.  No longer!  Ella, my niece Brynne, and my sister Christine packed the car full of chairs, blankets, pillows (just in case), water, camera, and sticky popcorn (thanks to my sister's husband Todd) and headed south to the Grandview Drive-in Theater to catch the 12:01 AM showing of Harry Potter (thanks goes out to my good friend Shelia Burr for the heads up on the Drive-in Theater showing).  


Ella and I have been to the drive-in once before but this was a first for my sister and my niece Brynne.  The outdoor atmosphere was a wonderful addition to this adventure.  To wrap up the evening...the movie was great, we are still a bit confused about the HP/Severus connect, we agreed that we felt a bit sad that it was finally over, and....I can say I am "one of those people"!

Things we know now that we have experienced a 12:01 AM showing at a drive-in:
  1. Who has to move if you have claimed your territory and a pickup decides to park in the slot in front of your already established camp?  Answer - You do.
  2. Things that we do not like to hear when attending the drive-in.  Answer - Car alarms.
  3. FYI, not all cars can get station 96.4 and mine is one of them.
  4. FYI, it doesn't matter that your car cannot get station 96.4 because all of the other car radios provide a nice surround sound system.
  5. Even if you fall asleep you still get to say "you did it!"  (I did not sleep but I cannot say the same for the rest of my party)

No comments:

Post a Comment