Monday, June 13, 2011

Devonian Fossil Gorge

Just goes to show you that you never know what is in your own backyard.  Emily and I spent over an hour exploring the Devonian Fossil Gorge.  It is a good thing that they use markers because neither Emily nor myself would make a very good paleontologist but we had a great time jumping from rock piece to rock piece and did find a few very nice fossil pieces. 

Note to Emily:  Go to the bathroom before you start an adventure!  Note to everyone else:  There are no bathrooms at the Gorge itself....with the help of the DNR we found a bathroom and the dam spillway.  Emily and I were as impressed with the power of the water rushing through this spillway as we were with the Gorge. 

Great afternoon trip ended with a stop at the Egg Roll House for crab meat ragoons....my fortune from the cookie states:  "Take advantage of your great imagination.  It will serve you well!"  I think that Emily and my cookies got mixed up because this fortune fits her to a tee. :) 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE hearing about all your adventures! Keep 'em coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete